Banana Cinnamon Pancakes is one of our traditional weekend meals that my husband and I take turns making for the kids. It's an easy recipe to make with your own favorite fruits and toppings.
You will need:
- 1 cup plain flour (we use King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour)
- 1 tbsp. organic granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp. organic baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. organic sea salt
- 1 egg, beaten (we use cage-free brown egg)
- 1 cup organic low-fat milk
- 2 tbsp. canola oil
- 1/2 tsp. organic cinnamon
- flaxseeds (we use Bob's Red Mill Brown Flaxseeds)
- 2 organic ripened bananas, mashed
- organic powdered sugar for sprinkling
- local honey (or low-calorie syrup)
Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Mix in beaten egg, milk, oil, and stir quickly until moistened. Add the mashed bananas and however much flaxseeds you would like. Mix well. The batter will have some lumps.
Preheat a greased or buttered (unsalted) pan over medium-high heat. Cook pancakes on the hot pan, using about 1/4 cup batter per cake, more or less depending on if you want smaller or bigger portion sizes. Cook for about 2 or 3 minutes on each side. The pancakes are ready to turn over when the tops have bubbles on the surface and edges appear dry and starting to brown.
Sprinkle with powdered sugar and honey. Feel free to cook with different fruits and serve hot with your favorite toppings. Serves 5.