Saturday, November 12, 2011

Save Our Planet Saturday Promo: Feeling A Little Nostalgic This Holiday Season #SeventhGenerationScents

It isn't like me to have posts on this blog that are dramatic or emotional.  With the exception of my weekly Wordless Wednesday fun posts, most of my work on The Green House are informative.  I usually leave the gushy stuff for my other blogs.  And when the opportunity to post about the new line of natural dish liquids from Seventh Generation came up, I certainly didn't think that  household products would in any way grip at my heart strings - not until I gave it a little more thought.  All of a sudden, I start to get flashbacks of the yesteryears.


Seventh Generation has created a line of dish liquids featuring natural scents from real lemons, clementines and lavender. Seventh Generation’s Natural Dish Liquid scents come from fields not factories, and honor the careful hands that cultivated them.
If there is one product of nature that I love, it would have to be the lemon.  There is something about the strong scent that always seem to remind me of my Mom and growing up in a home that had the smell of food cooking on the stove or baking in the oven.  Living in a Filipino home, it's common to always have a banquet of food for every meal, even during merienda, or snack time.  One of my favorite meals is pancit (noodles), lumpia (egg rolls), and Jasmine rice.  But it just wouldn't be complete without having lemon squeezed on top or added to a sauce for dipping.  Another favorite dish in my household, then and now, is chicken adobo.  Marinated for hours or even overnight in a simple mixture of soy sauce, lemon, and garlic, that is one meal that I don't think any of our guests have ever regretted trying.  Lemons may not originally be from the Philippines, but they mind as well have been.  I remember my Mom using any left over parts of the lemon for potpourri or to grind down the sink.  The house always smelled so clean and heavenly.  I love how the same scents fill my own home now.


After being a breast cancer survivor for over 16 years and finally falling ill to another kind of cancer in 2009, my Mom past away last Thanksgiving.  The holidays last year were difficult to bear, to say the least.  And as we begin to feel the chill nip at our noses or smell the aromas of home-cooked meals or hot apple cider, I am once again feeling nostalgic as I start to reminisce my childhood holidays with my Mom.  But as I find new ways to cook with lemon or to use it in cleaning my home, I am reminded of how much I learned from my Mom, all the good times we had together,  and everything that I can some day share and pass on to my children.

It's amazing how something as small as a lemon can play such significance in life.  You can be anywhere anytime and the wondrous aroma of your favorite things will transport you back to a special time and place.  To help kick off your holiday season, you can enter to win a trip for two to one of the regions where lemons, clementines and lavender grow, including  France and Italy.  Enter the Seventh Generation Nature Makes Perfect Scents sweepstakes today, and you can be on your way to a destination where your favorite scents will come alive.  
Seventh Generation is the nation’s leading brand of household and personal care products that help protect human health and the environment.  We believe our products are healthy solutions for the air, surfaces, fabrics, pets and people within the home—and for the community and environment outside of it. 
In the meantime, enjoy the holidays knowing Seventh Generation can provide your family and your home with products that not only smell awesome but are also safe and eco-friendly.

  
Disclosure:  I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Seventh Generation blogging program, for a gift card worth $50.  For more information on how you can participate, click here.

1 comments:

Trisha said...

I love seventh generation products! Btw, I passed on this award to you: http://www.mommatandbabye.com/2011/11/tell-me-about-yourself-award.html =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...