Thursday, September 15, 2011

Introducing The Green House Weekly Posts

I spend a lot of my day reading blogs, magazines, books, emails, etc. And when I do that, the same question always comes up, "How and when do people find the time to write?" Well, it could be that while I'm reading, they're brainstorming and writing their first draft. It could be that while I'm homeschooling and running around after my 3 and 5-year-old's and bonding with my 2-month-old son, they're blogging. It could be that when I'm catching up on whatever sleep I can, they're posting photos, recipes, comments, and whatever else you can put up on the Internet. Or it could be that when I'm just doing absolutely nothing at all but trying to catch my breath, they're replying to emails, redesigning their websites, e-commerc-ing, marketing, and everything else under the sun. Whatever the case may be, I'm obviously not managing my time well.

And with that in mind, I have decided to not do as much reading (and wondering about other people's time) and schedule my own time in for more writing. Seeing as I have a few reviews and giveaways I will be hosting in the coming weeks, I need to manage my time better anyway. So starting next week, I will begin a weekly schedule of posts titled Minimalist Monday, Frugal Living Friday, and Saving The Earth Saturday, in addition to my regularly scheduled Wordless Wednesday.

Minimalist Monday will include suggestions and examples on how you can live more with less. I will show you that with just a little bit of effort here and there, you (and I) can live our own lives and not like the Joneses. I will give you tips on how organizing your time and space will improve yourself and your relationship with others.

Wordless Wednesday will continue to have a photo or collage of photos that paint a thousand little words or just one gigantic exclamation!  It's my fun day in the middle of a busy and always crazy week.

Frugal Living Friday is pretty self explanatory. We all want to live debt-free, or if you already live that way, continue living frugally without envying others who are living beyond their means to get what they want but not necessarily need. It is difficult to take that first step to financial freedom, but believe you me, it will all be worth it in the end.

Save Our Planet Saturday will round up the week with small, but profound actions you can do in your home, your work, and your community that will make the difference between living selfishly with indecorum and living selflessly with grace.

So there you have it.  I hope you will look forward to my posts as much as I look forward to writing them for you.  Have a great rest of the week and an even better weekend!

1 comments:

Small Footprints said...

Wonderful! I've just signed up for your emails and look forward to your weekly schedule! Blogging is wonderful but it can take over one's life. I've cut back on my posts to one a week (my weekly Eco-challenges) and then other posts as the mood strikes. I used to try to post daily and wow ... it just wasn't possible for me. In reality, I think that it's better to do few posts that are high quality rather than simply going for quantity. And yep ... hugging your child or just taking some time to breathe ... those are very important and worthwhile activities. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...